Introducing Rudolf, the red nose Philip:
This past Wednesday, we went outside to play. Philip is usually very good about playing safe on the playset, so I decided to go feed my newly planted blueberry bushes. While I was tending to the bushes, Philip, being a boy, decided to try a new trick down the slide. He decided to go head first down the slide. I guess he thought it would be fun. Well, he quickly changed his mind about that when he smashed his face into our hard clay ground. He scraped up his nose pretty good and Daddy (Matthew) decided to call him, "Rudolf, the rednose Philip." LOL
Poor little guy- though he didn't seem too bothered by the scrape. In fact, it's mostly healed already! Now onto the second part of the title...
Introducing, "Baby Benjaben Bunny"
What's that you say? That's not a bunny? Well, Mary may take issue with that. She has decided to call her new cousin, "Baby Benjaben Bunny." This past Saturday, we made a day trip to visit my sister, her husband and their new baby, Benjamin. This was the first time our kids got to meet their new cousin! Mary was very excited to see the baby. During the visit, she kept calling him "Benjaben." Which we thought was sooo cute! Then on the way home, she kept saying how she went to go visit "Baby Benjaben Bunny" and that's what she called him the whole ride home. LOL!
Anyway, she LOVED playing with Benjamin and looking at him. She played peekaboo with him, when he was awake in the play gym.
Philip was pretty interested in baby Benjamin too! He kept pointing at him. Here's a pic of him taking a closer look at Benjamin.
Philip wasn't too sure about me holding Benjamin though and kept grabbing on to my legs and wanting me to hold him whenever I was holding Benjamin. This is a stark contrast from Mary, who at Philip's age, couldn't have cared less when I was holding other people's babies. hehe!
We had a great time visiting Angela, Aaron and Benjamin. Here are some more pics from our visit.
![]() |
| Cousins!! Classic Mary expression for pics of course... |





3 comments:
Poor Philip; glad to hear he wasn't too hurt!!!
Lisa, I just planted blueberry bushes!!!! What are you feeding yours?
Also, I made your blueberry muffins yesterday. Delicious! Please keep your wonderful recipes coming!
:)
Cute names for both Philip and Benjamin.
I noticed somebunny's hungry in that first group pic! ;o) I laughed when I saw that. haha!! So cute.
Hi Cassandra- I just realized you asked me a question in your comment. LOL! I use the blueberry food that my MIL bought along with the plants. It's from Gurneys. It's called Gurney's Blueberry Food- very complicated huh? Anyhoo, I read the ingredients when I first got it and it had bloodmeal and potash in it and something else I can't remember.
You can use food that is for rhododendron because both need acidic soil I think. Any food that helps with acidity is good. If you can get a hold of some pine needles you can put that down over it as mulch. I'm using pine bark mulch and I'm hoping to collect the fallen pine needles from my parents' house next fall to put on the bushes for next year. Let me know how your bushes turn out! I thought mine were dead but they are budding now!!! I'm so excited!
Post a Comment