Search This Blog

Sunday, August 21, 2011

More Birthday Celebrations- a Surprise for Me!

Yesterday started out with Matthew cleaning up the house while I took care of some laundry and bath for Mary. I was surprised that he was cleaning up so much, but he does help me out sometimes with this and I figured it was because he knew we'd be gone all afternoon so I wouldn't have time later. The plan (I thought) was for us to go to my parents' house for naps and then dinner afterwards with my sister and her husband who was coming home to celebrate my birthday with me. In the morning we had planned to go and look at sheds because we need to buy one in the near future. So after some cleanup we went to look at sheds. We went to Lowe's and got some things and then started looking at the sheds there. Mary had a blast looking at sheds because to her, they were like little houses, of course! Then we went to Walmart to get some charcoal for the grill because there weren't any easy light ones at Lowe's that we saw. Then we went home to grab lunch  before heading over to my parent's house.... or so I thought. I walked into the house and to my shock, it was full of people and colorfully decorated with Happy 30th Birthday signs and balloons! Here's a pic of me being surprised!

My sister, Angela, had organized a surprise birthday party for me! She and her husband, Aaron, my parents, my Uncle Moses and Auntie Jhyfen and 3 of my friends all came. It was so much fun and I was totally surprised! Here are some pics from the event. 


My mom, my sister and I, with the funny headband my sister got for me to wear. She always finds the funniest things for parties!!!


Mary wanted to try on my headband. Again, she's not smiling...sigh...

Here's my hubby lighting the candles on my cake.
Some pics of me and the cake! hehe! YUMMY Villa Italia Carrot Cake. YUM- and like I said before, I'm not even a cake person. LOL 



My Auntie Jhyfen and I. :)







Here's a pic of one of my good friends and I. :) Mrs. W, except Mary keeps calling her Mr. W. LOL!










One of the favorite activities at this party was to feed Philip. It seems like everyone had a turn. LOL!

First my Uncle Moses. hehehe




 Then Auntie Yah-yah (Angela). 









I'm pretty sure my mom took a turn too, but for some reason I can't find a pic of that. hehe! Then we played Scattergories together (which I won! yay!) and then we rushed out of the house to get to dinner on time. Yes, after all that food and cake we still went out to dinner for my birthday! hehe! We went to an awesome Italian restaurant. Here's a pic of all of us at the restaurant:
As usual, Philip was looking at me- "Make sure Mommie's close to me" is Philip's goal in life thus far. hehehe!
Thank you so much to my sister Angela for organizing this and everyone who came for making my birthday celebration SO special and fun!! God has truly blessed me by surrounding me with such fun and loving people!

1 comment:

Monica said...

Happy birthday!!! Looks like you all had a great time!