We were supposed to meet up with some Catholic mamas today to go for a walk at a nearby park. Well, it was raining here this morning, so my one friend and I changed plans. We decided to go to a local mall that has bouncy houses. Great opportunity for Mary and her kids to play together and get some energy out! They had a blast together and I feel truly blessed to have them as friends. Mary loves to play with them and they love to play with Mary. This friend is the type of friend that Proverbs advises you to have: a godly friend makes you more godly. What a blessing it is to have a friend like this.
On a sad note, when we were leaving, I noticed everyone just staring at us- when we parted ways, I noticed that they were really staring (and even glaring) at my friend and I knew exactly why. My friend has been blessed with 5 children, thus far. Generally, people no longer understand or tolerate families with more than 2 or 3 children. Already people tell me I am all set, or that I have my hands full. In some ways, this is true. I ought to be content with the 2 children God's given me if it's His Will that we should only have 2 children. However, we plan to have more children. I realized today that Lord willing, it will be us that will be stared and gawked at. You know what else I realized though? I don't even think my friend noticed these people staring at her. She was focused on doing God's will, taking care of the children God has given her and praising Him for them. I hope I'll be like that someday- not concerned with what others think, but thanking God for my children and praying that I will serve them to the best of my ability through the grace of God.
1 comment:
I wonder why people are so quick to judge large families, it's interesting that in a time where "whatever works for you" is the rallying cry, tolerance is only extended to some things.
Post a Comment