Search This Blog

Monday, August 15, 2011

Matthew's Birthday and other random stuff

Yesterday was Matthew's birthday. It was very low key. My parents came over for dinner to celebrate with us. I made one of Matthew's favorite meals, a knock off of Outback's Alice Spring's Chicken with baked cut potatoes with cheddar cheese and bacon sprinkled on top. I wasn't feeling too great yesterday and forgot to take a picture of it.
I made Matthew a marble cake (from a box, I wasn't feeling too well Saturday), with chocolate mousse filling and chocolate icing on top. It's quite delicious, but honestly, I'm not much of a cake person, myself. hehe.

Last week Mary was looking out the sliding doors in our kitchen and asked "What's that?" I went over to the doors to see what she was pointing at. She was pointing at this cool leaf bug! How cool is this???? It was really pretty and I do not like bugs. LOL!

The last thing I wanted to post about today is a funny thing Philip did. When I wasn't looking Philip managed to open the bottom drawer of a plastic dresser and crawled in to play with his diaper covers and clothes. HEHEHE! I snapped a quick shot of it. hehehe! Philip is so funny! 
Well, that's it for today! For all you Catholics who read my blog, I hope you had a blessed day celebrating the Feast of the Assumption of Mary in to Heaven. I printed out a little coloring page for Mary and we just got back from Mass. :) 

Edited 8/21: 
I wasn't feeling so hot the day I wrote this entry and now I realized I missed a lot of stuff about his birthday that I forgot to include.
First off, I made my hubby blueberry waffles for breakfast. He loves waffles, and fresh blueberries make everything taste better right? YUM!

The second thing I wanted to share with ya'll that I forgot to mention, is that the day before, Mary helped me make Matthew's cake! She did a great job pouring stuff in to the bowl for me and even helped mix up the batter! Plus, she actually smiled, albeit a goofy smile, for the camera! YAY! :)


Meanwhile, Philip was playing with the vacuum...

Ok, that's all I wanted to add. I'm feeling much better now, so hopefully I'll be more on my blog- game. LOL!

No comments: