Today's Harvest: 1 zucchini and carrots
I accidentally bought petite carrot seeds instead of regular carrot seeds. LOL oops! I'll know to look more carefully next year! Mary was eating up the carrots faster than I could wash them.
Here's Mary munching on one of her carrots. She was saying, "Yum, yum yum!" as she chewed them up! Hehe!
I ate a couple of the baby carrots. They were really good. Matthew had one and said, "It takes like a carrot!" Profound, huh? LOL!
Mary loves tomatoes, so I planted some tomato plants for her. Next year I will plant even more.
Thursday's harvest:
Mary likes to help pick the tomatoes. She does a pretty good job!
Almost every Thursday we have the children's godfather, "Uncle" David, over for dinner. That's him in the above picture!
Here are some fruits that are not ready yet, but are growing!
A couple peppers!
A teeny, tiny watermelon!
A baby eggplant!
A baby canteloupe! We have a few others as well!
A couple peppers!
A teeny, tiny watermelon!
A baby eggplant!
A baby canteloupe! We have a few others as well!
Hopefully we have enough time for these melons to grow and ripen. To be honest though, I don't think we will. I didn't plant these melon plants early enough. Oh well! Lesson learned for next season! Another lesson I learned, is to not go on vacation the first two weeks of May. That's part of why I got a late start! :) I'm also planning to get a rototiller the end of this season (when I hope they will be on sale). I have one strawberry plant in this patch that's doing pretty well (no fruit yet). I'm planning to turn this small patch into a strawberry patch (Mary LOVES strawberries) and make a few more bigger beds for melons and vegetables next year! I'm already excited for next year! hehe!
2 comments:
LOVE the produce you're getting from the garden... can you bring me some veggies when you come this week? HAHA! :) I'll take the teeny tiny watermelon and some tomatoes, please! :) hahahaha! :) :) :) YUMMY!
Wow! I'm soooo impressed with your harvest so far! The baby veggies and fruits on their way are so cute! We're having so many animal issues, it's so sad, I'm not even going to talk about it. Glad you are getting to enjoy fresh veggies from your garden! Enjoy! :)
Post a Comment