Yesterday, the Catholic Church celebrated the Queenship of Mary- Mary being crowned Queen of Heaven. In addition to taking the kids to Mass, I try to remember to do some sort of little project (even if it's just a coloring page) with Mary (my daughter, hehe) to help her know when it is a special day in the Church calendar. Yesterday, I thought of a fun activity to do with her. I found a coloring page of Mary that was mostly of her face and her upper body. You can find them by just doing a quick google search. Then I cut out a crown out of yellow construction paper and drew some diamonds for Mary to color and got some star stickers. I asked Mary to glue the crown on Mary's head and then asked her to put stars on the points of the crown and decorate the crown. She just put stickers on the crown though. hehe. She didnt' want to color the diamond shapes. oh well! Next year! Anyway, I also thought of another idea, I'll probably do another year, where we would make a big crown and then write different virtues (like Humility, Purity, Charity, etc) on "jewels" (cut out construction paper of different colors) and have her put them on the crown to show that the virtues are the true beauty and the jewels in a crown. Here are some pics I took of Mary working on our little project yesterday:
I also found this great website that has great Catholic coloring pages. They have all the mysteries of the rosary, the creed and other saints. So, I also printed out this coloring page for Mary to color... She's pretty funny and somewhat lazy when it comes to coloring... I told her that Mary usually wears blue in pictures and Jesus red, so she colored (scribbled) blue all over Mary and scribbled some red on the picture of Jesus. LOL! I forgot to take a picture. I'll see if I can get one later. It's pretty funny. Anyway, I will definitely be using this website a lot this next year as I have more structured (hopefully) and consistent lessons for preschool religious education with Mary. I'm excited!!! I will talk more about this in future blog posts, I hope!
No comments:
Post a Comment