Search This Blog

Sunday, April 8, 2012

More paint pictures, I'm an Aunt and Easter pics!

HAPPY EASTER!!!!!  It has been a whirlwind of a week for us! Early this week our friend from our parish continued helping us paint our house. Here are some more pics of our house. The playroom and living room are all finished now! The downstairs of the foyer part is done too.
Playroom pics. We did two walls green and two walls bright yellow. Nice and bright for the kids. Mary liked it after it was painted, but before, she kept saying she wanted it to be pink. LOL!
Also when our friend was painting the living room, he asked her what she thought and if she liked the paint color. Mary said, "No, I like pink better." LOL!!!!!



We decided to just go ahead and paint the accent wall the dark purple color because we had already bought the paint and didn't want to buy more paint. We actually both really like it. I think it makes the room really cozy and warm looking. Here are some pics. It's really messy because we didn't put the stuff back yet. I'll have to take pics of the living room with all the pictures in place. I think they make it the room look even nicer!



Next up will be the downstairs bathroom, the study and the rest of the foyer. I think our friend is coming tomorrow to help paint!
Tuesday, I went to visit my friend and her baby boy (my godson!). It was so fun to see my godson and give my friend a chance to go to confession, and help her order cloth diapers. It's a little embarrassing how excited I get about cloth diapers. LOL! Anyway...
Now on to the very exciting news!!!!! My sister had her baby on Wednesday! She called me Wednesday morning to tell me her water broke. Thankfully another friend of ours from church comes over on Wednesday mornings to play with the kids. This was extremely helpful because I could pack and get ready to drive to Binghamton while she watched the kids. I drove myself and the kiddos down to Binghamton after lunch. My dad was so kind and watched the kiddos for me at my sister's house so I could wait at the hospital with my Mom for my sister to have the baby. She had her baby at 8:41pm. His name is Benjamin Lee Carpenter. He was 6lbs 15oz and 20 1/4 inches long. He's a really cute baby!
Here are some pics:


Look at that cutie face!!!!!!!!! 

awwww. He is so teeny and cute! It's so fun for me to see these small newborns because my babies come out huge (over 9lbs). LOL!!!!!!  I miss him already and can't wait to see him next Saturday (we're going to make a day trip to go visit my sister, brother-in-law and nephew!).
I drove the kiddos and I back Thursday afternoon so we could go to Mass for Holy Thursday- the Last Supper. I really love this time in the Church calendar. Really from Palm Sunday until Easter is probably my favorite time of year- probably more than Christmas though it's hard for me to say. There is just so much to meditate on during this time. I think it was last year, that it really struck me, the stark and quick change in the behavior of the people of Jerusalem praising Jesus with palms and adoration and then a short time later, they crucified this same Jesus, our Lord.  Then celebrating the Last Supper, and meditating on how Jesus was eager to celebrate the Pasque with his disciples knowing His agony would begin that night and that He would be crucified the next day. This year during Lent I started reading Blessed Anne Catherine Emmerich's "Dolorous Passion of our Lord Jesus Christ." I'm not finished with it yet, (only 50% through), but it is excellent so far. It really is helping me remember and understand more how my sins caused so much suffering to our Lord during His Passion.  This made Good Friday even more mournful for me this year and be more grateful too. This year, I was really excited about Easter- an inner anticipation and excitement. I'm always excited about Easter, but this year it was more pronounced and also just different. I was so blessed to be able to go to the Easter Vigil this year at our parish. I really love the Easter Vigil. I haven't been able to go the past few years because of the kids. This year because I had to sing, Matthew watched the kids so I could go. It's so beautiful. Our priest chanted the Exultet and it was so beautiful and good.
We went together as a family to Mass this morning and then afterwards we met my parents for lunch. Here are some pics I took today.






Mary took this picture of Matthew and I! 


Well, that's it for now! I hope you all have a wonderful Easter! 

1 comment:

Durrin Academy said...

Congrats on being an aunt, and the paint job looks great!! When you said "dark" purple I started wondering how dark you were talkin. But that looks great! Definitely not too dark for a room that size with the windows. Makes it cozier and adds some interest!

It all looks great, but I love the colors for the playroom, too! I want to do our school room a cheery green like that. So sick of yucky gray. Bleh