This past week has been pretty busy! As I said in a previous post my mother in law (MIL) came for a quick visit on her way back from a scrapbooking retreat.
Here are a couple pics from her visit. More to come when I get more pics from MIL.
 |
| They spent a lot of time doing Play-doh. You see that little "Tom Kitten" Grandma made? |
 |
| They played outside. Grandma was a trooper and braved the cold wind |
While MIL was playing with the kids I got some sewing done. My friend asked me to make her a white chapel veil for her daughter and a chapel bonnet for her baby girl. These are super easy to make (ok, the bonnet was not super easy, but not hard). Mary's been asking me to make one for her too, so I made her one. Here's a pic of Mary with her chapel veil.
Here's a pic of the bonnet I made for my friend's baby girl on Mary's monkey ball, LOL!
We've also been painting our house this week. Well, we're hiring a friend from church to paint our house, I should say. hehe! It has been crazy here because of it. Not only do I have the normal cleanup to do after the kids we've had to move everything and put everything back. Honestly, it been kinda crazy with our stuff all disarranged and keeping the kids out of the way! It's been good though, because I've been able to clean areas that are not normally accessible. hehehe!
Here are some pics of the rooms that have been painted so far:
 |
| Kitchen- I really love how this color came out! |
 |
| Kitchen |
 |
| Living room- which is the same color as the kitchen |
We had the painter just paint the edge of the wall to get an idea of the color for the accent wall... We decided this was too dark so we went to Lowes (again) today to get a sample of a lighter color. Hopefully this works out. We'll try it out ourselves today so we can get a gallon if we like it. Otherwise we might just do away with the accent wall idea and paint the whole living room the same color. I really like the accent wall idea, but frankly, I'm sick of looking at different cards to figure out what purple matches best without it looking like a grandma mauve color, too girly purple or too dark. Really- how important is this stuff?
 |
| Living room with accent wall. |
Foyer- It's a bright golden color. Really nice and warm I think, which I like to do for foyers to make it feel welcoming for our friends, family and visitors!
Well that's what we've been up to this week and I've certainly done quite a bit of blogging today! I'll post some more pics of Grandma's (MIL) visit when I get them!
No comments:
Post a Comment