Search This Blog

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Philip's latest developments. :)

Philip still doesn't talk a ton, but the past couple of days he's really been saying a few more words! Some of these new words are ball, hat and of course, no. It's interesting because the way he says "no" is somewhat similar to the way Mary used to say "no" when she first said "no." They both start out high pitched and then end low. Mary's was much more exaggerated, but sometimes Philip's is pretty pronounced too. I think that's kinda neat how they both did/do that. Philip's always said "yeah" very well. It's really funny. Also, today he mimicked me saying "Peekaboo!" and said "Be-boo!" It was pretty cute, we were reading the "Peekaboo" book by the Ahlbergs (which I love).  Anyways, I'll try to get a video of him talking a little bit, but it's hard because he doesn't talk much. hehe!
One of Philip's favorite games now is peekaboo. In fact, this is the only way I can get him to not cry when I take him out of the bath tub. He loves bath time and hates it when I take him out when we're done. I'll cover his face with the towel and say, "Where's Philip???!" and he'll start giggling like crazy. Today he was pulling the edges of the towel over his eyes and doing it himself. Other times he likes to put a play silk (Mary's) over his head and then pull it down quick. I took a little video of it the other day.

He's also been into talking on the phone lately. He gets quite excited when I'm on the phone and wants to grab the phone and play with it. heheh! He likes to carry around this old phone we have and put it to his ear and say "Hi!"  It's pretty cute. Matthew got it on video once. Here it is.
Philip also loves to sing "Ee-i-ee-i-oh" from Old MacDonald. It's really funny because Mary will go up to him and sing the first part of the song and wait for Philip to chime in his "Ee-i, ee-i-oh!" It's so cute. I'll have to try to catch a video of it so I can share it with you. It's probably one of the cutest things they do together. Philip also tries to make up his own games sometimes now. It's so fun for me to watch them playing together. Tonight we all went for a walk after dinner. While on the walk, Philip made up this game where he walks kinda goofy with his legs going up and down, shaking his head and making a funny sound all at the same time. It's hard to describe, but both he and Mary thought it was hilarious. So he would start to do his funny little move and then Mary would start too and then they giggled like crazy together. It was so cute to watch them have so much fun together- it's one of my favorite times as a parent. Philip loves to copy Mary and usually that's how their games and giggles start. This picture is typical. Mary laid down on the ramp to the shed and kicked her legs (pretending to swim) and Philip quickly copied her. They thought it was so funny.

Here's one of my new favorite pictures of Philip. Here he is copying Mary again. This is a game where they take their plastic golf clubs and bang the shed ramp with it and walk around in a circle doing it. LOL! Well, they think it's loads of fun!


Philip's also been wanting to feed himself now. He insists on it actually and gets quite upset if you try to feed him when he wants to feed himself. He does alright, and usually most of the food makes it to his mouth but he does make quite a mess of himself feeding himself. This picture is pretty typical of how he looks after feeding himself baby food.
I still give him vegetable baby food because he won't eat vegetables unless it's pureed. We'll keep trying to get him to eat vegetables but until he does consistently baby food it is for the veggie portion of his meal. 

Well, I think that's pretty much all that's new with Philip! We've really been enjoying the nice weather we have been having. We're going outside for walks and bike rides! It's really wonderful and I'm so thankful to be outside and appreciate the beauty of God's creation! Praise be to God! Hope you continue to have a blessed Lent!

No comments: