Mary wanted me to take a video of her "canuting" so I thought I'd share it with you here. It's kind of funny in the beginning because she thought I was taking her picture (which I was just before) so she was smiling for the camera (one of the few times she does smile for the camera and of course I'm taking a video not a picture!)
Mary also loves to play with play-doh. Some of her old playdoh had gotten really dried out when she was playing with it with her friends. So, the other day I got her a new pack. The past two days she's been sitting in Philip's high chair (Philip likes to steal her seat, so Mary will sit in Philip's seat, LOL) and will play with playdoh by herself for like an hour. LOL She likes to play birthday party (which she's always liked to do, but especially now because on Sunday we celebrated a friend's birthday), but her favorite thing to do now is make a "kitten dumpling, roly-poly pudding." (From the "Tale of Samuel Whiskers" by Beatrix Potter) Here are a few pics I took this morning of Mary working on her dumpling.
| Here she is patting the dough. |
| Here she's showing me the dough. |
| Here she is working on making "Tom Kitten" |
Mary's favorite story now is "The Tale of Samuel Whiskers" by Beatrix Potter. She can't enough of it. She makes Tom Kitten roly poly puddings with her playdoh and loves to roll up herself and other people in blankets and will recite whole sections of the book. She'll run up to me out of nowhere and say, "Oh Mother, Mother! There's been a old woman rat in the kitchen and she's stolen some of the dough! In our house!" She adds the "in our house" to the line from the story. It's so funny.
This is what Mary's been up to lately. I'll have one on Philip soon hopefully (time allowing!).
No comments:
Post a Comment