I made these blueberry muffins to bring over to a friend's house a few weeks ago when I brought the kiddies over for a visit so our kiddos could play together. It was an awesome time for the kiddos and I. My friend and I talked a lot about homeschooling- a subject I love to talk about because I have so much to learn and my friend's been homeschooling for a number of years now!
Anyhoo, back to the topic at hand- blueberry muffins! Now, these are streusel topped blueberry muffins. They are delicious and Mary (and probably Philip too) would eat the whole batch if I let her. I think she ate at least 2 maybe almost 3 muffins the day I made them... one for breakfast, one for snack at my friend's house, and I think she may have had another 1/2 at dinner time. I know she kept asking to have another one. LOL Just so it's said, I don't normally let her have that much muffin in a day.
Anyway, on to the recipe which is a morph of a couple of different recipes plus a splash of lemon juice. First a few pictures (yes, I actually remembered to take a picture before they were all devoured.)
| Streusel topped blueberry muffin! |
| "Yum, Mommy! I love muffins!" |
| Philip's mouth is stuffed full of muffin! |
Ingredients:
1 1/2 blueberries fresh or frozen (fresh is way better, duh)2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 TBSP baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 large egg
1 cup milk
1 TBSP lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup butter- melted
Streusel topping:
1/4 cup brown sugar + 1/4 cup white sugar
OR 1/2 cup white sugar (I've done both)
1/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 butter or margarine
Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 400F. Spray muffin pan (with 12 cups).
2) Mix blueberries with a 1TBSP of the flour in a bowl.
3) In a large bowl, combine rest of flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
4) In another bowl mix egg, milk and butter together. Mix this into the above dry ingredients.
5) Mix in vanilla and lemon juice.
6) Add blueberries and stir just until combined.
7) Scoop in to muffin cups.
8) Make streusel: combined sugars, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumb mixture forms. Top muffin batter with streusel topping.
9) Bake at 400F for ~20 mins (until golden colored).
10) Enjoy! Make sure to put bibs on your kiddos (and maybe yourself) so that you don't get blueberry stains all over their clothes. hehehe!
No comments:
Post a Comment