Search This Blog

Monday, June 25, 2012

Recipe: Lox Spread (plus bonus pics of the kids ;-) )

Some of our friends invited us join their end of the year chess club picnic with other homeschool families.  I went to my parents' house because my sister was making a quick stop on her way to Boston. So, I needed something that wouldn't spoil or small enough to fit in my parents' packed refridgerator.... So I made a dessert and decided to try to make a lox spread. I bought a tub of cream cheese and a package of smoked salmon at the store. My friend had given me an extra chives plants that she didn't need. So this is what I came up with.  It was a hit at the chess picnic (which was loads of fun, by the way) so I made it again for an appetizer when we had some other friends over for lunch on Sunday. It was a huge hit again so I thought I'd share the "recipe" with you here. :) I say "recipe" because there isn't much to it. Haha!
Now remember, I don't measure much so here you go. :)
The mandatory (unless you're me) pic...


Ingredients:
1 12 oz tub of Philadelphia Cream Cheese. (I'm almost certain this is the size I used. I will double check the next time I'm at the store, hehe!)
4oz sliced smoked salmon cut into small pieces
2-3TBSP chopped fresh chives (or more to taste or availability)
a couple shakes of garlic powder


Directions:
Beat all the ingredients together with an electric mixer. Serve with crackers, slices of cucumber, bagel chips, or whatever you like!

and... just for fun. Here's a picture of my cute nephew who we saw for lunch on Friday.
A couple pics of Mary and Philip enjoying a big treat after lunch. :)


No comments: