I think it's so fun though, how alike Thomas and Mary are. Here are some things that I have been able to capture:
The third lip. Both Thomas and Mary stick out their tongue when they are focusing on something. We call it, "the third lip."
| Thomas |
| Mary |
They also both love tags. Now, I know most kids like tags anyway, (hence the way overpriced Taggies toys) but Mary was, and Thomas is, really obsessed with them. Philip didn't seem to care that much about tags, so for me it's another thing Thomas does that Mary did. It's also not just that they both love(d) tags, it's how they flip the different tags with their fingers and study them so intently that's so similar.
Then there are so many things that are hard to capture in pictures. They are also both extremely loud. We joke that they are both Borcherts (Matthew's mother's side). They are both very social. Philip was such a quiet baby (though you'd never guess now, haha!). We used to say that Philip was very contemplative and that maybe some day he'd be a monk... maybe a Carmelite monk...
| Philip when he was about 3 months old |
that makes coffee...
| My MIL made this for me with a pic of Philip that we took when he was a baby. |
Thomas also started to blow raspberries now (making the buzzing noise with his lips). He does this all the time now. Mary used to do this all the time too. I don't remember Philip doing this very much, if he did it at all. There are other similarities I've noticed too, but I can't think of them right now.
Now on to things we did this week. This week, Mary, Philip and I made valentines for them to hand out for CoOp, except it was cancelled due to another snow storm. We'll hand them out next CoOp instead.
Here are Philip's:
Here are Mary's. She also made some for our priests.
Mary also made this Our Lady of Lourdes grotto this week. She did this all by herself following the instructions in her Seton Art book. I think she did a great job!!!
We also watched the "Song of Bernadette" movie together since I needed a break with Thomas vomiting all the time. He saw his infectious disease specialist on Wednesday. Fortunately, they changed Thomas' antibiotic and lowered his antifungal dose and now he's much better! However, Thomas' diaper rash came back again, so that's not good. :( He goes to see his specialists again next week.
I also took the kiddos rollerskating. This was somewhat of a disaster. First, we got there an hour late because of Thomas' appt. Also, instead of a homeschool only skate session, the rink double booked us with a school event so there were a TON of kids there... Fortunately, my kids didn't know any better and had a blast anyway. They had these awesome rollerskates for Philip that didn't roll freely so that he could "skate" pretty easily. I like them so much that I"m goign to invest in some for him at home so that he can rollerskate at home in the basement. Mary has some passed down from Matthew (!) that go over her shoes that she can use.
Saturday, we went to visit my grandparents in NYC. I forgot my camera, so I'll have to wait to get pictures from my mom to post them here. It was good to visit them. One funny thing that happened, was that my grandmother tried to pick up Thomas, and she said, "Too heavy! Too heavy!" in Chinese. LOL!!!!!!!!!! haha! Anyway that was HILARIOUS!!!!! She loves babies though and had fun "talking" with him. So did my grandfather. It's so funny, and kind of sad too, because my kids can't really communicate with my grandparents. My kids don't speak Chinese and my grandparents can't speak English, so Mary will talk to them in English and my grandparents will talk to her in Chinese. Mary doesn't seem to realize that they don't understand her as she prattles on and on about this or that. Honestly, I don't always understand them, because they don't speak the same dialect of Cantonese that I sorta speak and understand.
Well, this is all I have time for this week (and a day late, at that). Here's a final pic of Thomas with the new cotton blanket I sewed for him just now. He's such a happy baby!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment