Search This Blog

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter! Alleluia! Christ, Our Lord is risen today!

I'm sorry I haven't been able to post an update in the last month. It has been a whirlwind of a month starting with Thomas getting sick again and a long weekend spent in the hospital. Then we had a stomach bug and then we were busy with Holy Week and now Easter!

This will be a quick post with some Easter pics from today. I will try to post an update next weekend with all that we've been up to.

Today we got up early and went to morning Mass. Then we had my sister and her family and my parents over to our house. We started out with an Easter egg hunt. I put a small piece of chocolate in each egg along with a Bible verse from either the Passover passage or the Easter gospel reading for today.
Here are some pics:








 Then after finding the eggs, we put the Bible verses in order for each passage. Then Mary read the Scripture passages out loud.



After this we had a nice Easter meal. I made grilled lamb chops, pork tenderloin roast, roasted potatoes, rice (because we're Chinese...), caesar salad and white chocolate raspberry cheesecake for dessert!  My sister brought some watermelon and my parents brought some pineapple and strawberries! Yum!

Aaron, my brother-in-law, was very clever and said we needed to take a picture of Mary eating a little bit of the lamb chop.  Get it? "Mary had a little lamb." HAHA! I thought it was hilarious.
So here's a pic:


After our meal, the kids got to play a little bit and then my sister had to go and my parents left shortly afterwards. We got a pic of our family and one of us with my parents as well before they left. 


That's it for now! My sister and mother got more pics, so I may add some more when I get their pictures. Thanks for reading and have a blessed Easter season!

No comments: