Back to the story. After looking everywhere (including in my hair), my husband reminded me that yesterday I tripped over his sneakers that he conveniently put on the garage steps where it's nice and dark, and banged my hand REALLY hard. It hurt like CRAZY, and I guess that's why I didn't even think to look at my ring. Plus we had lost power (again) so I couldn't really see well. I do think it is bizarre that I didn't notice this morning when I put my ring on, but I guess it's good that I'm not obsessed with staring at my ring all day.
Anyhoo, so I went out to the garage and looked where I fell/tripped, but didn't see anything, but then right when I turned around to go back into the house I saw this little rock on the other side of the car of where I tripped and there it was. WHEW!!!!!! Anyway- I just wanted to share my relief with you and my crazy scare!
Thank you Mary and St. Anthony for interceding for me and thanks be to God for helping me find it. I guess God decided to only give me a little, somewhat momentary lesson in detachment and I am grateful for that. :) Like my husband said, "Oh well. It's only a diamond." and he's right. While I was looking for my diamond, I kept thinking how small this was compared to people who have lost their homes (even lives!) and all their stuff from hurricane Irene. :( Now that is a true loss. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment