Search This Blog

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Yesterday- my crazy crafting day!

Yesterday, I spent most of my free time in the afternoon and evening/night sewing. In the morning, I had to run to Joann's to get a couple things to make Philip's birthday tie onesie. A trip to Joann's is never quick, I always end up spending at least an hour there looking at stuff! haha! After that we had to go look at tires for Matthew's car, which we didn't end up buying, because the guy there measured the tires himself and said we didn't need them before winter. Woohoo! That means we can wait a couple months before dropping 100s of dollars on new tires. Then we came back home had lunch and put the kiddos down for nap. Then it was crunch time for me! First things first, hehe, I made Philip's birthday shirt. We are celebrating his birthday next weekend! I *cannot* believe he is going to be one already! It doesn't help that he is very small and very babyish- unlike Mary was at this age. It never ceases to amaze me how different they are. It's so fun to me and a constant reminder of how God creates each one of us differently with different gifts to use for His glory and the benefit of others. Anyway... so I made Philip's tie shirt first. At some point, I will be making him some more tie shirts for church and I'll probably post a tutorial on how I do it in case any of you dear readers want to make one for your boys! :) Here's a pic of Philip's birthday shirt:


Next project. We just received an invitation, I think Friday, to a shower for one of Matthew's cousin's baby girl. The shower is this Thursday(!) so I needed to make some gifts in a hurry to send off priority mail and hope that it gets there not too late... though I just realized tomorrow's a holiday so I think chances are very very slim. oh well.  I decided to make the popular pillowcase dress for the baby girl. I had bought this fabric to make Mary a dress when she was a baby and never did. LOL So, I decided to use this fabric, since I had it and was in a hurry. Can you believe, that I've been sewing for years and never made a pillowcase dress? LOL It's one of the easiest things to make- clothing wise and it is super cute. I did add a ruffle, which is not part of the traditional pillowcase dress, and I did not use a pillowcase, so technically is it still a pillowcase dress? haha! At any rate, here's the one I made for the baby girl:

I will be making a pillowcase style dress for Mary very soon with fabric she picked out at the fabric store. She was so cute. She saw this bolt of fabric of white, with pink damask print and picked it out and carried it around with her. heheheh! So, I will be making her a pillowcase dress out of that soon, and will hopefully make a little tutorial on how I make pillowcase dresses... except not out of pillowcases.
Back to this little baby girl's shower- I also made her this little cupcake shirt. This cupcake design has always been a favorite, even after I stopped stocking my etsy store, people always want cupcake embellished shirts. hehe! So here's the one I made for the shower:

Sorry, I'm realizing now that these pics are pretty dark... it was pretty late when I finished all of these so that's the way the pics came out I guess.
Lastly, I had to finish up a onesie I embellished for a friend of mine who just adopted a baby. Here it is all finished:
As a side note, I also made her this pink elephant onesie, but I made this last week:

I also had to make cards to go with these gifts last night, because I forgot to buy some. So here are the cards I made for them. I forgot to take a pic of the one before I wrote it, so I whited out the parts with names. :)
I do not understand why blogger keeps rotating this image... grrr... Sorry about that!



Yay! That's all the stuff I made last night. I also made these last week for a special person who is expecting a baby and sent it to her as a surprise! :) This was her favorite design I had when I had my etsy store. :)


Thanks for looking at my projects and again, I hope to post tutorials on the tie shirt and pillowcase dress sometime in the next few weeks. Also coming soon... will be Mary's strawberry dress that I will be making for her birthday! I will post pics of that when I've finished that!

No comments: