Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Thomas keeping us on our toes!

Sorry last week's update is coming so late! We decided last minute to have a friend over on Sunday and we were having a good time learning and singing together Palestrina's "Sicut Cervus." That was a lot if fun. I love Palestrina. Anyway, so I didn't have time to write the post on Sunday and then I was keeping myself pretty busy yesterday cleaning up around here and sewing myself a cotton skirt since Thomas is allergic to polyester...Our little Thomas is certainly keeping us busy and on our toes!

This week was actually fairly non-eventful with the exception of a little scare in the middle of the week. This past Tuesday evening out of nowhere, Thomas started vomiting again and ran a fever. We were really confused how this could be since Thomas was still on his antibiotic and his antifungal. We were pretty close to taking him to the ER, but decide to just give him a couple more hours to see if it would pass. Thanks be to God he kept all his feedings down through the night. He did throw up once more in the morning but was fine after that. Fortunately, Thomas had an appointment Wednesday with his infectious disease specialist anyway. Long story short, it was decided we would just wait it out and see if Thomas got sick again and go from there, since he was all smiles and laughs with the doctor. Thankfully, Thomas has not been sick since and we decided it was just some fluke bug probably...
 Thomas also so his urologist and nephrologist earlier in the week. His blood pressure was high again, so they restarted his blood pressure medicine. It looks like his UTI is all clear now though, which is great!

Thomas has also been keeping us on our toes developmentally. He has started scooting around backwards. He had been doing this a little before, but now he really is scooting all over. The, he gets stuck at the couch and gets annoyed.

Thomas has also started sucking on his toes. I couldn't get a good picture but here's the best one.

We also think it's funny how babies will spit out their paci when they are fast asleep but the paci often stays balanced on their mouth. We took a picture because we think it's so funny:
Here's one of Philip from when he was a baby keeping his close by his mouth in case he changes his mind. LOL


This week, Mary has been making rosaries. She has made three so far. One for me, one for her and one for Grandma.
Here's a picture of her with the one she made for herself.
She wants to make one for everyone. LOL :)

She is the sweetest little girl. This week, she has decided that she ought to say a "Hail Mary" every hour on the hour with the exception at 5pm, when she would say an "Our Father." She asked Matthew if he could make the clock chime every hour to remind her to say a Hail Mary.  So, Matthew put his old watch that beeps on the hour up on the fireplace mantel. Philip has caught on to this too and now wants to do this as well.

Philip has been doing something that Matthew and I think is so cute and funny. He actually started doing this a few weeks ago, but I keep forgetting to post about it. Part of it is that it's not that cute or funny if I just tell you what he says, because it's the way he says it. Anyway, many times, when we are all sitting together as a family (like at meals) he'll say, "Daddy! You, me and baby are boys, right?" and then sometimes he'll say after that, "There are 3 boys!" haha! Anyway, like I said, it's the way he says it that's so funny and cute. He says it really fast and excitedly. He also did something else really funny this week. He made some sort of Lego Duplo creation and came over very proudly showing it. The conversation that ensued went something like this:
Philip: Look! This is a Bwoant!
Me: Oh, a boat!
Philip, very emphatically: NO! a BWOANT! W-J-O-I- (and a few other letters, I can't remember now)...  BWOANT!

So, Philip made up something called a bwoant- a word that follows a very strange phonetic rule apparently... Anyway it was hilarious.  One of those times when I wish I had a video camera running all the time. :) Philip has been having fun playing fireman again. In fact, he's playing that right now again! haha!
 Here's a picture of Mary as a butterfly and Philip in his firesuit:

Love the expression on his face.

Alright, I gotta get back to homeschooling!

No comments: