Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!- Christmas Card and Letter

I thought I'd better get going on my Christmas posts before Epiphany is here. haha! Better late than never right? Someday, I will have this figured out- balancing all my responsibilities- spiritual , family, homemaking, music and blogging. I have hope. :) This is the first in a series of Christmas posts. :)

First off Merry Christmas, or as Mary used to say, "Mary's Christmas." LOL When Mary was 2, she used to say Mary's Christmas. We thought that was so funny, so I thought I'd share that with you.
Here is our Christmas card this year, though some of you got "real" cards this year with pictures.


Here's the Christmas update letter for 2011 as well:

Dear Family and Friends,

The peace of Jesus Christ, whose birth we celebrate this season, be with you! This year has been filled with many blessings and much joy from the children God has blessed us with thus far. With grateful hearts we would like to give you an update on how we are all doing.

Mary turned three in October.  She continues to be a tall, strong girl who is full of energy. We’ve been having fun doing preschool activities at home this year.  Her most recent favorite activity is reading. She loves to pick up our children’s Bible and read through the stories to find words she can read, like God (her favorite word to find right now), of, and, the, and other three letter words with short vowel sounds. She is actually trying to sound out bigger words now too. I am very excited about the fact that Mary is starting to read.  Besides reading, Mary has been into mazes lately as well as tracing, connect the dots and coloring. Another favorite activity of late has been “adding” with her new abacus that she got for her birthday. Of course, she’s really not adding, but counting all the beads together, but it’s a favorite activity she likes to do. As I said before, Mary is full of energy! Matthew’s mom once said “Don’t you wish you could just bottle up that energy and drink some in the morning?” I agree with her whole-heartedly.  Mary never seems to run out of energy. She loves to jump around and play with balls. She also loves to “make soup” in her play kitchen for people.  She also has really been into playing mommy with her doll. She’s also wanted to switch places with me, and have me be “the Mary” and her be “the Mommie” which I find hilarious because I know it’s because she wants to be in charge. Haha! We love and treasure our Mary so much. She’s a lot of fun and always keeps us on our toes.

Philip turned one in September. Philip is the complete opposite of Mary is so many ways. This is a constant reminder to me of how God creates each person as a unique individual and each one is so precious in His sight. Philip is very small and generally pretty mellow. He isn’t really talking yet, but babbles a lot. He has a special sound he makes for his pacifier, and says the word “Mam-mam” for me and when he wants more food. One of our favorite things Philip does is nod and shake his head. He will point at something he wants and nod his head and point to himself. When he doesn’t want a particular food you are feeding him, he will shake his head. It is just adorable.  Philip is walking around now quite quickly and sometimes he tries to run but will lose his balance which we find very funny. He is such a little boy and loves to climb! All day he is climbing on top of chairs and tables. One of his favorite activities, much to my dismay, is to climb on top of Mary’s school table and throw everything on the floor. It’s hard to get upset with him though, when he has such a cute grin on his face because he’s so proud of what he’s accomplished. Haha!

Matthew continues working at the outpatient clinic he started at last year. This past year he has been continuing to study Latin and Biblical Greek as well as trying to gain more understanding on the teaching and philosophy of St. Thomas Aquinas.
As for me I started teaching piano to a few students, and recently played the violin for Handel’s Messiah with a choir that my mom sang in as well. I also recently joined the cantors at our Church. This year, I discovered my love of the writings of St. Alphonsus Ligouri, and have been using them for my daily mental prayer. I highly recommend his writings, specifically the Glories of Mary and Preparation for Death.

I hope this letter finds you all well, and it is our hope that God will bless you abundantly in the new year He has given us. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Sincerely,

The Lynch Family. 

No comments: